The YSR Cheyutha Scheme was instigated on 12th August 2020, by the honorable Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. Considering the pandemic situation, the launch was initiated through a video conferences.
The motto behind this scheme is to provide financial support and security to the women residing in Andhra Pradesh by providing pension benefits and financial incentives. Being financially stable is a primary need to bring up the empowerment of women. Women who come under the category of the age group 45-60 years, belonging to minority communities are benefitted by providing 75000/- as financial help. The amount will be directly accounted to the bank and they have the freedom to utilize this amount in the way they want to. In the opinion of Mr. Thumma Vijay Kumar Reddy, the commissioner of information and public relations and ex officio secretary, around 23 lakhs of women from minority communities will gain an advantage of receiving finances through the implementation of this project.
An allocation of Rs 17,000 crores is put forward by the Government for this project implementation which began at 12th August 2020. As the primary step, the Memorandum of Understanding was signed by the government on 3rd August,2020 in the attendance of Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and in the digital presence of HUL Chairman and Managing Director Sanjiv Mehta, ITC Executive Director Mr. Sanjiv Puri, P&G India CEO, Madhusudan Gopalan. Hindustan Unlever Ltd. (HUL), ITC and Procter and Gamble (P & G) are given obligations to facilitate approximately 25 lakh women with technological assistance and marketing opportunities.
In addition to the existing pension of Rs 27000 yearly, after the successful implementation of this scheme, it will be amounted to a total of Rs 45750 per year as Rs 18750 will be accounted through this project. In order to increase the significance of the rural part of the economy, the government decided to purchase cattle which includes, cows, buffalos, goats and sheep worth Rs 5386 which will be collected from different parts of states such as Haryana, Gujarat, Punjab, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. Rythu Bharosa Kendras will be given the in charge to collect the milk from the women. Around 1 lakh of cattle purchase is estimated before February 2021.
The budget of the state of Rs 2,24,789.18 crores was published by the Finance Minister, B Rajedranath Reddy on 16th June 2020, out of which Rs 6300 crores is categorized for the YSR Cheyutha Scheme.
Under this plan, the beneficiaries will receive four equal proportions of Rs 18750 in a year. The transactions will be entered in the accounts of the recipient.
Documents Required for YSR CHEYUTHA SCHEME
- Address proof – Any invoice which includes information about your residence.
- Caste certificate – As this scheme focuses on providing benefits to the minority, it is important to prove your community.
- Pass book and other bank details
- Age proof – It is important to verify that you belong to the age group that is focused by the project.
- Domicile certificate – This document verifies that you belong to the state. Only women belonging to Andhra Pradesh will be considered.
- Aadhar card
- Mobile number
Eligibility for YSR CHEYUTHA SCHEME
- The claimant should be an Andhra Pradesh inhabitant.
- The claimant should be a woman belonging to the age group of 45-60
- The claimant must be from a minority community.
How to check name in YSR CHEYUTHA SCHEME
- Click on the link: https://gramawardsachivalayam.ap.gov.in/GSWSDASHBOARD/#!/CheyuthaDashboard
- Enter your District, Mandal, and Secretariat under respective heads.
- The list of qualified and dis-qualified will be displayed.
- Go through the list to find your status.