The Stand-Up India scheme is based on recognition of the challenges faced by SC, ST and women entrepreneurs in setting up enterprises, obtaining loans and other support needed from time to time for succeeding in business.
It will provide with a composite loan between 10 lakh and upto 100 lakh. It give assistance for setting up a new enterprise in manufacturing, trading or services sector by SC/ST/Women entrepreneur. Composite loan of 75% of the project cost inclusive of term loan and working capital. The rate of interest would be lowest applicable rate of the bank for that category (rating category) not to exceed (base rate (MCLR) + 3%+ tenor premium).Besides primary security, the loan may be secured by collateral security or guarantee of Credit Guarantee Fund Scheme for Stand-Up India Loans (CGFSIL) as decided by the banks.
Stand-Up India: Objective
The objective of the Stand-Up India scheme is to facilitate bank loans between Rs 10 lakh and 1 Crore to at least one Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) borrower. It also aims in at least one woman borrower per bank branch for setting up a greenfield enterprise. In case of non-individual enterprises at least 51% of the shareholding and controlling stake should be held by either an SC/ST or Woman entrepreneur.
Stand-Up India: Eligibility
- SC/ST and/or woman entrepreneurs, above 18 years of age.
- Loans under the scheme are available for an only greenfield project.
- Greenfield signifies, in this context, the first time venture of the beneficiary in the manufacturing or services or trading sector.
- In the case of non-individual enterprises, 51% of the shareholding and controlling stake should be held by either SC/ST and/or Women Entrepreneur.
- The borrower should not be in default to any bank/financial institution.
Stand-Up India: How to apply
Those who met the above eligibility can apply online through Udyammitra portal