The Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India is executing Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) – A plan to achieve natural sound, financially feasible, and socially comprehensive advancement of the Fisheries area of India.
The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) is a lead plot for engaged and maintainable advancement of fisheries area in the country with expected speculation of Rs. 20,050 crores for its execution during a time of a long time from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25 in all States/Union Territories, as a piece of AatmaNirbhar Bharat Package. The speculation of Rs. 20,050 crores under PMMSY is the most elevated ever in the fisheries area. Out of this, speculation of about Rs 12,340 crores is proposed for recipient arranged exercises in Marine, Inland fisheries, and Aquaculture and about Rs 7,710 crores venture for Fisheries Infrastructure.
About Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
PMMSY targets upgrading fish creation by an extra 70 lakh tons by 2024-25, expanding fisheries trade profit to Rs.1,00,000 crore by 2024-25, multiplying of wages of fishers and fish farmers, diminishing post-collect misfortunes from 20-25% to about 10% and age of extra 55 lakhs immediate and circuitous beneficial work open doors in fisheries area and associated exercises.
PMMSY is intended to address basic holes in fish creation and usefulness, quality, innovation, post-gather foundation and the executives, modernization and reinforcing of worth chain, detectability, setting up robust fishery management, and fishers’ government assistance. While planning to unite the accomplishments of the Blue Revolution Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) visualizes numerous new intercessions like fishing vessel protection, support for new/up-degree of fishing vessels/boats, Bio-latrines, Aquaculture in saline/soluble regions, Sagar Mitras, FFPOs/Cs, Nucleus Breeding Centers, Fisheries and Aquaculture new businesses, Incubators, Integrated Aqua parks, Integrated waterfront fishing towns improvement, Aquatic Laboratories Network, and Extension Services, Traceability, Certification and Accreditation, RAS, Biofloc and Cage Culture, E-Trading/Marketing, Fisheries Management Plans, and so on.
PMMSY conspire essentially centers around receiving ‘Bunch or Area-based methodologies’ and production of Fisheries groups through in reverse and forward linkages. A unique center will be given for business age exercises like ocean growth and decorative fish development. It underscores intercessions for quality brood, seed, and feed, unique spotlight on species broadening, foundation, showcasing networks, and so on.
As of now, under Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana the Department of Fisheries has supported Rs 1723 crores worth of recommendations for 21 States/UTs in stage I. Need has been agreed for money-producing exercises under PMMSY.
PMMSY in Bihar visualizes speculation of Rs.1390 crore with a Central Share of Rs. 535 crore and the extra fish creation target fixed at 3 lakh tons. During the current monetary year (2020-21), the Government of India has authorized the proposition of the Government of Bihar at a complete venture cost of Rs.107.00 crore for significant segments like the foundation of Re-circulatory Aquaculture System (RAS), development of Bio floc lakes for hydroponics, finfish incubation facilities, development of new lakes for hydroponics, Ornamental fish culture units, the establishment of Cages in supplies/wetlands, Ice plants, refrigerated vehicles, engine cycle with refrigerator, a three-wheeler with cooler, cycle with fridge, fish feed plants, expansion and backing administrations (Matsya Seva Kendra), the foundation of a Brood Bank, and so forth.
The Tides of Change
From Blue Revolution to PMMSY
The recent Blue Revolution plot discovers its beginning in the vision laid by the Prime Minister of India, “It is time currently to introduce the Blue Revolution as portrayed in the blue shade of the Ashok Chakra”. Appropriately, Blue Revolution was dispatched in December 2015 as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme (BR-CSS) with a cost of Rs 3000 crores for a very long time (2015-16 to 2019-20) to catalyze the “Organized, Responsible and Holistic Development and Management of the Fisheries Sector.”
Improvement of fish production from 10.26 Million metric tons (2014-15) to 13.75 Million metric tons (2018-19)
Efficiency expanded from 2.3 tons per hectare to 3.3 per tons per hectare
Exports expanded from Rs 33,442 Cr to Rs 46,589 Cr (2018-19)
Accomplishments in the Fisheries area under Blue Revolution
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- Harness the capability of the fisheries area in an economical, capable, comprehensive and evenhanded way
- Enhance fish creation and efficiency through development, heightening, broadening and useful use of land and water
- Modernize and reinforce the worth chain including post-reap management and quality improvement
- Enhance the commitment of the fisheries area to Agricultural GVA and fares
- Ensure social, physical and financial security for fishers and fish farmers
- Build a robust fisheries executive and administrative structure
To apply visit the site http://dof.gov.in/
Targets of PMMSY
Fish Production and Productivity
- Increasing fish creation to 22 million metric tons by 2024-25 from 13.75 million metric tons in 2018-19.
- Enhancing hydroponics efficiency to 5 tons for each hectare from the current public normal of 3 tons.
- Augmenting homegrown fish utilization from 5 kg to 12 kg for each capita.
Economic Value Addition
- Increasing commitment of fisheries area to the Agriculture GVA to about 9% by 2024-25 from 7.28% in 2018-19.
- Doubling trade income to Rs.1,00,000 crores by 2024-25 from Rs.46,589 crores in 2018-19.
- Facilitating private speculation and development of business venture in the fisheries area.
- Reduction of post-collect misfortunes from the revealed 20-25% to about 10%.
Enhancing Income and Employment Generation
- Generating 55 lakh immediate and aberrant business openings along the worth chain.
- Doubling the wages of fishers and fish ranchers.
Major Impact, including Employment Generation Potential
The normal outcomes by temperance of execution of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) in quantifiable terms are as under:
- The fish creation is probably going to be improved from 13.75 million metric tons (2018-19) to 22 million metric tons by 2024-25.
- A supported normal yearly development of about 9% in fish creation is normal.
- An expansion in the commitment of GVA of fisheries area to the Agriculture GVA from 7.28% in 2018-19 to about 9% by 2024-25.
- Double fare profit from the present Rs.46,589 crores (2018-19) to about Rs.1,00,000 crores by 2024-25.
- Enhancement of efficiency in hydroponics from the current public normal of 3 tons to around 5 tons for each hectare.
- Reduction of post-gather misfortunes from the detailed 20-25% to about 10%.
- Doubling of livelihoods of fishers and fish farmers.
- Generation of around 15 lakhs direct productive business openings and threefold the number as aberrant work openings along the inventory and worth chain.
- Enhancement of the homegrown fish utilization from around 5 kg to around 12 kg for each capita.
- Encouragement of private venture and help of development of business in the fisheries area.
Check the official site for the latest updates about Government Schemes Vikaaspedia. in