Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY), a Government of India activity for the strengthening of denied areas, plans to accomplish coordinated improvement of chose towns through united execution of all-important Central and State plans. The plan was dispatched in March 2010 on a pilot reason for the coordinated advancement of 1000 towns each with over half the SC populace.
Vision of an “Adarsh Gram” (Model Village)
A Model town is one that has sufficient physical and institutional foundation, in which the least necessities of all areas of the general public are completely met; they live in congruity with one another, as additionally with the climate, and a town which is reformist and dynamic. These towns ought to be covered with every one of the offices vital for noble living, establishing in this way a climate where every one of its occupants is empowered to use their capability without limit. These towns ought to, entomb alia, fulfil the accompanying standards:
- Should be associated with the closest significant street by an all-climate street. In like manner, in the event of a multi-village town, all villas ought to be associated with one another by an all-climate street.
- Access for all to safe drinking water on a practical premise.
- All houses ought to have power.
- The town ought to have sans slush inward streets and sufficient road lighting.
- Village ought to have satisfactory correspondence offices, like mailing station, phones, and, if conceivable, web, and Bharat Nirman Common Service Center (being set up by the Dep’t. of Information Technology).
- Availability of satisfactory financial offices through customary (blocks and concrete) branches in the town or in nearness, and through Business Correspondent/Business Facilitator Model.
- All inhabitants ought to have satisfactory lodging, and there ought to be no destitute family.
Sterilization and Environment
- The town ought to have a serious level of disinfection it ought to be liberated from dry restrooms, and open poop, and ought to have clean latrines, channels and a proficient garbage removal framework. It ought to, quite far, satisfy “Nirmal Gram Puraskar” standards.
- The Village should deal with its current circumstance through (1) planting trees, (2) water harvestation and upkeep of water bodies (3) utilization of sustainable wellsprings of energy, for example, biogas, sun oriented energy, wind energy, (4) utilization of smokeless chulhas, and so on
Social Infrastructure, Human Development and Social Harmony
- Should have an Anganwadi focus and schools of proper levels.
- The town ought to have enough and alluring structure for its Anganwadi, school, wellbeing focus, panchayat, and local area lobby. The town ought to have sufficient office for sports and other proactive tasks.
- All youngsters in the age-gathering of 3-6 ought to be joined up with, and routinely go to the Anganwadi. Moreover, all youngsters in the 6-14 age gathering ought to be taken a crack at, and routinely go to class.
- All grown-ups ought to be at any rate practically proficient and ought to approach offices for proceeding with schooling.
- Access for all to essential medical services and Reproductive Child Health (RCH) offices, with legitimate pre-natal and risk natal consideration for moms.
- 100% institutional conveyances, full vaccination of kids, and recognition of the little family standard.
- The town as a local area should take uncommon consideration of its ladies, youngsters (particularly young ladies), senior residents, and people with inabilities.
- There ought to be no open utilization of alcohol or some other inebriating substances, and their utilization overall ought to be debilitating.
- The town ought to have a functioning Gram Sabha/Gram Panchayat, women’s/swarozgaris’ Self-help Group, youth club and Mahila Mandal.
- There ought to be no position-based segregation, the complete annihilation of distance, and a due feeling that all is well with the world and pride among the more fragile segments.
- Residents of the town ought to know about and practice their protected and legitimate rights. Moreover, they ought to likewise know about and release their key and metro obligations.
- All youth and grown-ups of the town ought to have enough work and methods for job, and there ought to be satisfactory plans for improvement of abilities among them, so exceptionally that whatever number of them as could be allowed are in talented business.
- Progressive and effective practices, considering innovation, ought to be utilized in every one of the monetary exercises sought after in the town, particularly in agribusiness, creature farming, fisheries and so on
- Should have enough admittance to gainful costs for agrarian and other produce of the town.
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
To guarantee coordinated improvement of the chose towns into “model towns” so that, entomb alia,
- They have all essential physical and social framework for their financial turn of events and fulfil the standards referenced in the vision of an Adarsh gram to the most extreme conceivable degree.
- The disparity among SC and non-SC populace as far as regular financial pointers (for example proficiency rate, consummation pace of rudimentary training, IMR/MMR, responsibility for resources, and so on) is wiped out, the pointers are raised to in any event the level of the public normal, and
- Those having ration card with BPL card, particularly those having a place with SCs, have food and job security and are empowered to cross the neediness line and acquire an enough occupation
- All kids total at any rate eight years of training, and
- Incidence of ailing health, particularly among kids and ladies, is disposed of.
- Untouchability, separation, isolation, and barbarities against SCs are wiped out, as are other social indecencies like victimization of young ladies/ladies, liquor addiction and substance (drugs) misuse, and so on, and all areas of society can live with pride and equity, and in agreement with others.
Region Covered under Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
By and by the plan is being executed in five States of the country viz Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu.
The plan is being carried out by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. To guarantee centered consideration, the chose States are to choose towns from same, or 2-3 coterminous locale and offer inclination to the more in reverse regions. The advancement of the towns must be guaranteed through:
- Convergent execution of existing Schemes of the Center and State Governments, and
- The works which couldn’t be covered under the abovementioned, to be taken up through arrangement of “hole filling” assets for which focal help is given @ Rs. 10 lakhs for each town changed to Rs. 20 lakhs for every town at a normal w.e.f. Sep. 2011, with State Government, additionally expected to make an appropriate, ideally coordinating, commitment.
Considering the experience acquired in the pilot stage, the plan will be considered for execution for a bigger scope.
For more data about the plan, click here http://socialjustice.nic.in/SchemeList/Send/40?mid=24541