National Scholarships Portal is taken as Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), National Scholarships Portal is a one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to Students are enabled. This portal provides various scholarships to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority students
National Scholarship portal aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent ‘SMART’ System for faster & effective disposal of Scholarships applications and delivery of funds directly into beneficiaries account without any leakages. The Mission Mode Project (MMP) of the National Scholarships Portal under the National e-Governance Plan aims at providing a common electronic portal for implementing various Scholarships schemes launched by Union Government, State Government and Union Territories across the country.
What are the objectives of the National Scholarship Portal?
- Ensure timely disbursement of Scholarships to students
- Provide a common portal for various Scholarships schemes of Central and State Governments
- Create a transparent database of scholars
- Avoid duplication in processing
- Harmonisation of different Scholarships schemes & norms
- Application of Direct Benefit Transfer
What are the benefits of the National Scholarship Portal?
- It Simplified process of scholarship for the students
- All scholarships information available under one umbrella.
- Single integrated application for all scholarships
- It improved transparency of application and processing of students scholarship. :
- System suggests the schemes for which a student is eligible.
- Duplicates can be reduced to the maximum extent
- It Helps in standardisation.
- Master data for Institutions and courses at all India level .
- scholarships processing
- Serves as a decision support system (DSS) for Ministries and departments as up-to date information will be available on demand.
- Comprehensive MIS System to facilitate monitoring every stage of Scholarships distribution i.e. from student registration to delivery of funds
What are the Central schemes National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2020?
- Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
- Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities.
- Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
- Ministry of Labour & Employment
- Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric
- Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric
- Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Top Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students) – only for scholarships
- Department of School Education & Literacy
- National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education(NSIGSE)
- National Means Cum Merit Scholarship
- Department of Higher Education
- CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME OF SCHOLARSHIPS FOR COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
- WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles
- PRIME MINISTER’S SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR WARDS OF STATES/UTs POLICE PERSONNEL MARTYRED DURING TERROR/NAXAL ATTACKS
- RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF
UGC- Schemes (University Grant Commission)
|Name of Scholarship||Number of Scholarships||Award Details|
|Ishan Uday special scholarship scheme for NER||10,000||Rs 5,400 per month to students pursuing general degree courses. Rs 7,800 per month to students pursuing technical/ professional/ medical courses|
|PG Indira Gandhi scholarship for single girl child||3,000||Rs 36,200 per annum for two years|
|PG scholarship for university rank holders||3,000||Rs 3,100 per month for two years|
|PG scholarship scheme for SC/ST students for professional courses||1,000||Rs 7,800 per month for a period of 2 years for ME/MTech students Rs 4,500 per month for a period of 2 years for other professional courses|
|Scholarship Name||Award Detail|
|Kishore vaigyanik protsahan Yojana||Up to Rs 7000 per month and contingency grant upto Rs 28000 per annum|
|PG scholarship scheme for SC/ST student for professional courses||For ME/M.Tech- Rs 7800 per month for 2 yearsFor other professional courses- Rs 4500 per month for 2 years|
|PG scholarship for university rank holders||Rs 3100 per month for 2 years|
|PG Indira Gandhi scholarship for single girl child||Rs 36200 per annum for 2 years|
|Prime minister scholarship scheme for RPF/RPSF||Rs 2250 per month for girls and Rs 2000 per month for boys|
|Prime Minister’s scholarship scheme||Rs 3000 per month for female students and Rs 2500 per month to male students|
|Central sector scheme for scholarship for college and university students||Upto Rs 20000 per annum|
|AICTE Pragati scholarship for girls||Upto Rs 50000 per annum and other benefits|
|AICTE saksham scholarship scheme||Upto Rs 50000 per annum and other benefits|
|National means cum merit scholarship||Upto Rs 12000 per annum|
|National fellowship and scholarship for higher education of ST student||Up to Rs 28000 per month and other benefits|
|Financial assistance of education of the wards of beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers- Pre- Matric||Upto Rs 1840|
|Financial assistance of education of the wards of beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers- Post- Matric||Up to Rs 15000|
|Top class education for SC student||Full tuition fees and other allowance|
|Scholarships for top class education for students with disabilities||Upto Rs 2 lakh per annum and other benefits|
|Post matric scholarship for student with disabilities||Maintenance allowance, book grant and disability allowance|
|Pre matric scholarship for students with disabilities||Maintenance allowance, book grant and disability allowance|
|Merit cum means scholarship for professional and technical courses||Course fees upto Rs 20000 per annum and maintenance allowance|
|Post matric Scholarship scheme for minorities||Admission fees, tuition fees and maintenance allowance|
|Pre matric Scholarship scheme for minorities||Admission fees, tuition fees and maintenance allowance|
Which are the State NSP Scholarship Schemes?
|Assam||Pre-Matric Scholarship To The Children Of Those Engaged In Occupations Involving Cleaning And Prone To Health Hazards Pre-Matric Scholarship For Sc Students (Class Ix And X) Post Matric Scholarship For Sc Students Pre Matric Scholarship To Obc Students Pre-Matric Scholarship To St Students Pre Matric Scholarship To St Students (Class Ix And X) Post Matric Scholarship To Obc Students Post Matric Scholarship To St Students|
|Chandigarh||Post Matric Scholarship For Sc Students-Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Scheme For Transgender Students-ChandigarhPost Matric Scholarship Scheme For Obc Students-ChandigarhDr.Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship For Economically Backward Class Students-ChandigarhPre-Matric Scholarship Scheme For Sc Students Of Class Ix And X-Chandigarh|
|Bihar||Bc-Ebc Post Matric Scholarship-Bihar St-Post Matric Scholarship –BiharSc Post-Matric Scholarship -Bihar|
|Uttarakhand||Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme For Minority (100 Percent State Sector)-Uttarakhand Post Matric Scholarship For EBC Students-UttarakhandPre-Matric Disability Scholarship (State Sector)-UttarakhandPre-Matric Scholarship For SC Students (State Sector)-UttarakhandPre-Matric Scholarship For ST Students (State Sector)-UttarakhandPre-Matric Scholarship For OBC Students (State Sector 50% And Central Sector 50%)-UttarakhandPre-Matric Scholarship For SC Students (Center Sector)-UttarakhandPre-Matric Scholarship For ST Students (Center Sector)-UttarakhandPost-Matric Scholarship For ST Students-UttarakhandPost-Matric Scholarship For SC Students-UttarakhandPost-Matric Scholarship For OBC Students-Uttarakhand|
|Tripura||Dr.Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship For Economically Backward Classes (Ebc)(Secondary Education)-Tripura Pre-Matric St Scholarship SchemesPost-Matric St Scholarship SchemesPost-Matric Scholarship For Sc Students TripuraPost Matric Scholarship For Obc Students TripuraDr. B.R. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship For Economically Backward Classes (Ebc). – TripuraNec Merit Scholarship TripuraPre Matric Sc Cleaning And Health Hazard –TripuraPre Matric Sc (Class Ix And X)-Tripura|
|Karnataka||Post Matric Scholarship(Pms) For St Students – KarnatakaCentrally Sponsored Scheme Of Pre-Matric(Ix & X) Scholarship For Scheduled Tribe Students-Karnataka|
|Meghalaya||Umbrella Scheme For Education Of St Children – Pre-Matric Scholarship (Class Ix & X) For St Students – Meghalaya Umbrella Scheme For Education Of St Children – Post-Matric Scholarship (Pms) For St Students – Meghalaya|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Umbrella Scheme For Education Of ST Students-Pre Matric Scholarship (Class IX & X) For ST Students Arunachal Pradesh Umbrella Scheme For Education Of ST Children -Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) For ST Students Arunachal PradeshScheme For Award Of Stipend To The Schedule Tribe Students Of Arunachal Pradesh|
|Jammu Kashmir||Post Matric Scholarship To St Students -Jammu And Kashmir|
|Himachal Pradesh||Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme For Sc Students-Himachal PradeshCentrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme For St Students-Himachal PradeshCentrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme For Obc Students-Himachal PradeshCentrally Sponsored Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme For St Students-Himachal PradeshCentrally Sponsored Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme For Sc Students-Himachal PradeshCentrally Sponsored Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme For Obc Students-Himachal PradeshDr.Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship For Economically Backward Class Students-Himachal PradeshMukhya Mantri Protsahan Yojana-Himachal PradeshMaharishi Balmiki Chatravriti Yojana-Himachal PradeshIntegrated Rural Development Program(Irdp)-Himachal PradeshKalpana Chawla Chatravriti Yojana-Himachal PradeshIndira Gandhi Utkrisht Chatravriti Yojana -Himachal PradeshThakur Sen Negi Utkrisht Chatravriti Yojana -Himachal PradeshSwami Vivekanand Utkrisht Charavriti Yojana-Himachal PradeshDr.Ambedkar Medhavi Chatravriti Yojana For Sc Students-Himachal PradeshDr.Ambedkar Medhavi Chatravriti Yojana For Obc Students-Himachal Pradesh|
How to check eligibility?
- Go to National Scholarship Website
- Click on the “services” option in the home page of the website
- Click “scheme eligibility”
- Enter the details such as Domicile State/UT, Course Level, Religion, Caste/Community Category, Gender, Parent Annual Income, Whether Disabled and captcha code
- Click “check eligibility” option
What are the Documents Required?
- Aadhar Card
- Bank account Passbook.
- Caste Certificate if you belong to a special category.
- Income certificate as per your scholarship type.
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photograph
- Previous Year Education Qualification certificate.
- Self-declaration certificate.