Livelihood Inclusion and Financial Empowerment Mission, popularly known as LIFE Mission is a massive housing campaign to build houses for families without land or housing in Kerala. Emphasis of this mission will be on financial empowerment and providing means of livelihood. Through this scheme all landless and homeless will be rehabilitated.
LIFE Mission: Beneficiaries
Beneficiaries of the scheme were:
- Landless homeless
- Those who are unable to complete housing / those who have uninhabitable housing
- Outfall or in the coastal region; Those who have temporary housing in the garden area.
- Landless and homeless
LIFE Mission: Procedure for finding beneficiaries
Procedure for finding beneficiaries is mainly based on the Socio-Economic Caste Survey conducted by the Central Government in 2011. Beneficiaries of the scheme will be determined by conducting a direct survey of those found to be homeless in this survey. The survey is done using the organizational structure of Kudumbasree or Scheduled Tribe promoters.
The list of homeless persons prepared by the Local Self Government Institutions for various schemes and the list prepared by the PMAY in the cities should be forwarded to Kudumbasree for verification. Trained Kudumbasree workers should meet the beneficiaries in person and record the actual details and forward the information prepared in such a manner to the Local Self Government Secretary. Field level officials are responsible for overseeing the survey.
Copies of the survey information will be published on the website and at the panchayat or village office level for receipt of objections.There will be a mechanism at the panchayat level to receive objections. The objection will be directly examined by the field level officials and will be heard directly if necessary. There will be facilities to include those who have left.
The District Mission will be responsible for codifying and publishing the list received from the local bodies. The list of beneficiaries prepared after hearing such objections will be published at the panchayat / district level. Those who have objections in this can file an objection to the district level committee. The list of new additions and omissions at each stage will be published separately. Reasons for omission and addition must be documented.
LIFE Mission: Priority order
- Mentally challenged / blind / physically challenged.
- The poor
- People with disabilities
- People with serious/fatal illness
- Unmarried mothers
- Those who are unable to earn income by working due to illness/accident
LIFE Mission: Mode of Implementation
In Local self goverment level action plan will be prepared. The project was implemented with the financial support in the form of Corporate Social Responsibility, donations from Charitable societies, NRIs, NGOs etc. will be mobilized to fulfil the target.
LIFE Mission: Documents Required
The documents that are required to be produced at the time of applying for the scheme are:
- Aadhar Card
- Caste Certificate
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Voter identity card
LIFE Mission: Application
To register for Kerala Life Mission scheme, you have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to official portal of Kerala Life Mission Scheme.
- Complete the initial login process
- Click on the “Login ” button on the home screen of the portal and provide Login Details
- On the next page, enter the user name and password and click on “log in” button to access the portal.
- After the initial registration, the applicant will have to register for the respective scheme.
- Fill the application form with the necessary details and save your application along with the documents required.
- The State Authority will verify and approve the beneficiaries to avail the benefits under the LIFE Mission scheme.