GeM is a one-stop National Public Procurement Portal. It aims to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Central and State Government Departments / Organizations /Public Sector Undertakings ( PSUs). This scheme operates under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. It also provides the tools of e-bidding and reverse e-auction to facilitate the government users achieve the best value for their money. At present, GeM has more than 15 lakh products, around 20,000 services, and more than 40,000 Government buyer organizations.
- It Offers rich listing of products for individual category of goods/services and facilitates direct purchase for amounts upto INR 25000
- It helps in Promoting inclusiveness
- Maximizing ease in availability of all types of products and services bought by Government buyers.
- Facilitates proprietary Article Certificate Bid Procurement of specific product as per requirement and generates price trends and price comparison from multiple suppliers.
- Highlighting and communicating ‘value add’ by way of transparency and efficiency in public procurement.
- Achieving cashless, contactless and paperless transaction, in line with Digital India objectives.
- Increasing overall efficiency leading to significant cost saving on government expenditure in Procurement.
- Provides direct notifications to sellers and has an Integrated Payment System
- Easy to comprehend interface to search, compare, select and buy with user friendly dashboard for monitoring supplies and payments
- Online grievance redressal mechanism for quick resolution and all sellers are shown rejection reasons
- Access to National Public Procurement market and no charges or fee for getting registered
- Special provisions and sections for startups, MSMEs and Emporium products
- Seller friendly dashboard for monitoring supplies & payments
- Direct access to Government departments and their organizations.