Atal Pension Yojana (APY), a pension scheme launched by the Government of India. This scheme is focused on the unorganized sector workers. Under this scheme, a minimum guaranteed pension of Rs. 1,000/- or 2,000/- or 3,000/- or 4,000 or 5,000/- per month. It will start after attaining the age of 60 years depending on the contributions by the subscribers for their chosen pension amount.
In the case of pre-mature death of the subscriber:
- The subscriber’s spouse continues contributing to the subscriber’s APY account for the remaining vesting period till the original subscriber would have attained the age of 60 years.
- The subscriber’s spouse shall be entitled to receive the same pension amount as that of the subscriber until the death of the spouse.
- After the death of both the subscriber and the spouse, the subscriber’s nominee shall be entitled to receive the pension wealth, as accumulated till age 60 of the subscriber.
A Citizen is with following criteria are the eligibile for the scheme:
- The subscriber should be between 18 and 40 years of age.
- The Subscriber should have a savings bank account/ post office savings bank account.
- The prospective applicants may provide a mobile number to the bank during their Enrollment under APY to receive periodic updates on their APY account and the APY scheme.
- Aadhaar can also be provided at the time of enrolment as the APY scheme is notified for the same.
How to apply
Anyone can apply for the APY scheme by approaching the bank branch/ post office where an individual’s savings bank account is held. Also, they can open a savings account if the subscriber doesn’t have one.
- All nationalized banks provide the scheme. You can visit any of these banks to start your APY account.
- Atal Pension Yojana forms are available online and at the bank. You can download the form from the official website of the Atal pension scheme.
- The forms are available in English, Hindi, Bangla, Kannada, Gujarati, Marathi, Odia, Telugu, and Tamil.
- Please fill up the application form and submit it to your bank.
- Give a valid mobile number if you haven’t already given it to the bank.
- Submit a photocopy of your Aadhaar card along with the form.